Camp Xplode: COVID-19 Policy
Like many organisations, the coronavirus outbreak has had a huge impact on Camp Xplode.
At Camp Xplode we are keeping all of our fingers crossed that our camps will be able to go ahead following the most recent government guidance. Our team are working hard to make sure our camps are ready run safely this October.
We’ve added a lot of changes to our camps (more info below!) to make sure our campers are safe during our time with us. Our camps have always been about getting back to nature and having fun with friends and we are excited to be able to provide this again at a time when our campers may need it the most.
Our camps are now all available to book online. If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com or 0113 4830280
Supporting key worker families
In response to the coronavirus outbreak, we’ve adapted our programmes to create an Active Childcare options for key worker families. We’re working with agencies, such as the NHS and emergency services, and our venue partners, to create safe and active childcare options for parents who need longer hours and more flexibility.
As a company Camp Xplode is continually monitoring the evolving situation regarding COVID-19 in the UK. We want to reassure you that Camp Xplode internal risk assessments are ongoing and include monitoring the guidance of Public Health England (PHE) and the NHS. Our priority will remain the welfare of our campers, staff team and the wider community. We are therefore taking the necessary precautions and putting in place some additional measures to ensure the safe running of our camps:
- As always we will continue to follow stringent hygiene practices on all of our camps. To assist us with this we encourage you to ensure your child is aware of the importance of this and the basic practices of the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ campaign.
- We are following PHE guidance to ensure that any staff, parents and campers who have travelled to affected regions and/or have been exposed to the virus do not attend camp.
- We have increased our staff training around health and hygiene practices and our internal policy regarding COVID-19. We will also be supplying each camp with increased amounts of hand wash, hand sanitiser and tissues.
- We are working closely with our host venues to ensure a strict handover process surrounding the cleanliness of the venue.
- In the event of any of our campers showing any signs of COVID-19 we will immediately contact the NHS for advice
In the run up to camp we would ask that if you have travelled to any affected regions or have been exposed to the virus you contact us immediately to discuss your booking. In the event that we are forced to close due to the Coronavirus outbreak we will inform all parents immediately by email with as much notice as possible. In the event of a cancellation beyond our control we reserve the right to review and amend our cancellation policy.
Due to the current guidelines from PHE Camp Xplode’s International Summer School has been cancelled. Our Easter, May and Summer camps are all scheduled to run as usual and we are looking forward to the school holidays.