Camp Xplode: COVID-19 Policy
Like many organisations, the coronavirus outbreak has had a huge impact on Camp Xplode. In addition to Easter and May cancellations, we’ve made some changes to the way we work to keep our staff team safe and to ensure the future of our camps.
Easter and May Camps
In light of the recent guidelines released by Government we are planning to keep our camps open to key worker families only over the Easter holidays. If you are a key worker and require childcare over the Easter holidays please do get in touch to discuss the options that are available. You can place a booking in all of the usual ways online, over the phone and via email. We are also offering all key workers a 10% discount on our services using code EASTER10.
Looking ahead to Summer, our team are working hard (remotely!), to get ready for fun and active camps. We’re keeping everything crossed that we’ll be able to re-open and we can’t wait to welcome you back to our camps when we do.
If you’re thinking of joining us over the Summer holidays, don’t forget that if you book now and we’re unable to operate our camps, you will be entitled to a 100% refund.
Supporting key worker families
In response to the coronavirus outbreak, we’ve adapted our programmes to create an Active Childcare options for key worker families. We’re working with agencies, such as the NHS and emergency services, and our venue partners, to create safe and active childcare options for parents who need longer hours and more flexibility.
As a company Camp Xplode is continually monitoring the evolving situation regarding COVID-19 in the UK. We want to reassure you that Camp Xplode internal risk assessments are ongoing and include monitoring the guidance of Public Health England (PHE) and the NHS. Our priority will remain the welfare of our campers, staff team and the wider community. We are therefore taking the necessary precautions and putting in place some additional measures to ensure the safe running of our camps:
- As always we will continue to follow stringent hygiene practices on all of our camps. To assist us with this we encourage you to ensure your child is aware of the importance of this and the basic practices of the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ campaign.
- We are following PHE guidance to ensure that any staff, parents and campers who have travelled to affected regions and/or have been exposed to the virus do not attend camp.
- We have increased our staff training around health and hygiene practices and our internal policy regarding COVID-19. We will also be supplying each camp with increased amounts of hand wash, hand sanitiser and tissues.
- We are working closely with our host venues to ensure a strict handover process surrounding the cleanliness of the venue.
- In the event of any of our campers showing any signs of COVID-19 we will immediately contact the NHS for advice
In the run up to camp we would ask that if you have travelled to any affected regions or have been exposed to the virus you contact us immediately to discuss your booking. In the event that we are forced to close due to the Coronavirus outbreak we will inform all parents immediately by email with as much notice as possible. In the event of a cancellation beyond our control we reserve the right to review and amend our cancellation policy.
Due to the current guidelines from PHE Camp Xplode’s International Summer School has been cancelled. Our Easter, May and Summer camps are all scheduled to run as usual and we are looking forward to the school holidays.