Update: We heard the good news today that the UK Government has announced the ‘Test to Release’ Scheme. Many students are therefore able to return home and spend longer with their families. Unfortunately the consequence of this is that a large number of the students who planned to join the Christmas Residential camp are now returning home, and therefore we have made the decision to cancel our Christmas Residential Camp.
Welcome to the Winter Quarantine Programme delivered by Camp Xplode and Study Links. Located at a historic schools in beautiful Yorkshire, this 14 day quarantine residential will provide a safe, secure and fun environment for international children through activities, home comforts, and New Year celebrations.
- Dates: Last arrival 26th December 2020
- For children aged 11-19
- Everybody is welcome
- Accommodation – single en-suite rooms
- Optional 1-2-1 online tuition
- From only £85 per day
Study Links is a guardianship service provider and placement organisation, acting as guardian to international students studying in the UK, arranging accommodation with caring English homestay families whilst they are studying in the UK. Study Links offer an education consultancy service, dedicated to placing international students in the best schools in the UK.
Address: Ackworth School, Ackworth, Pontefract, West Yorkshire, WF7 7LT
Dates: 26th December – 9th January
Facilities: Comfortable shared rooms, Communal, Two large playing fields, Eight tennis courts, Sports hall, Outdoor space, Indoor heated swimming pool, Five football pitches, Cricket pitch, Athletics field, Fitness suite, Table tennis tables, Squash courts, Music hall, Library.
The residential will be fully risk assessed to ensure all those who attend can have an exceptional Christmas experience in a safe and comfortable environment. We will be adhering to all UK Government Guidelines as well as the Boarding School Association Covid-19 SAFE charter and have significant risk assessments across all areas of the programme.
- COVID19 tested on arrival
- Ensure that staff and students wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds regularly and especially before meal times and at regular intervals throughout the day. Hand sanitiser and tissues will be available throughout the college.
- Staff will conduct daily temperature checks for all students
- All participants will be required to maintain social distancing. Each bubble will be advised to adhere to these rules where possible.
- Whilst we take all precautions, if someone shows Covid symptoms, they will be isolated in separate accomodation and a test will be arranged. All members of that bubble will need to isolate until the test results are received. If the test comes back positive, all bubble members will isolate for 14 days. The person with Covid will be cared for by staff and NHS guidelines will be followed.
- We will implement ‘Bubbles’ to ensure children remain safe. Household bubbles will be made up of children according to age group and gender.v
- All staff will be tested prior to the arrival of students.
- Large, spacious classrooms are available for students and 2m markers will be in place to ensure appropriate spacing measures are in place.
- Social distanced activities will be organised and students will have access to the large outside spaces at the school.
- Students will be encouraged to wear masks
- The camp will arrange on-site health and medical assistance if required
- Students will be accommodated in single en-suite rooms unless arriving with siblings from the same household and on the same flight
- Per day
- 14 nights accommodation
- Full board – breakfast lunch and dinner
- Free Wifi
- 24/7 Supervision
1-2-1 Online TuitionSubtitle goes Here
- Tailored, 1 hour tuition by a UK trained teacher.
- Online lesson via skype, zoom or google.
- Lesson planning, assessment and marking
- Homework according to need
- And more…
- COVID19 Test
- Result within 48 hours
- Certified lab
Camp Xplode is a proud member of the ‘We’re Good To Go’ industry standard. The scheme ensures that businesses adhere to local public health guidance and has carried out a full Covid-19 risk assessment, to ensure that all required policies and processes are in place.